Bob and Penny Toomer – Associate church planters with Mountain View Baptist Church in Grantsville, UT
November is a time to reflect on the blessings God has bestowed in our lives. I Thessalonians 5:18 In everything give thanks.…
The Corona virus has continued to be an issue here in Utah. We have been fortunate to not get it personally, but it is moving closer and is starting to affect some families in our church. Please pray for safety and protection as we have older people with health issues that could be affected.
Bob had another attack with his heart in September. His defibrillator tried to do its job but could not get Bob’s heart out of v-tac so he was life-flighted again and stayed in the hospital for 5 days. The doctors have changed his heart medications, reset the settings on the pace maker/defibrillator and are watching him as he adjusts. We have been contacted by many who have been praying for us as Bob continues to adjust to this heart situation. Thank you!
Camp UtiBaCa did not have regular weeks of camp this summer because of the Corona virus. There were just a few weeks of horsemanship camp. Several men have taken on the project to redo the water lines and bring power to the horse area. Money has been donated to purchase the pipe and rent the equipment for this project. Please pray for Bob and the other men that are trying to get this project done before the winter weather sets in.
Mountain View Baptist Church. We have been having our church services online. Things opened up for a time and we were able to meet in person but it is closing down again. Please continue to pray for wisdom and for outreach via our online services.
Outreach/ encouragement. We are both involved with some Bible studies. Bob is currently looking at a discipleship study “Intentional Leadership Journey”. He and 4 men attended a retreat in Colorado Springs, CO a couple weeks ago and they are looking for a date to get started. Penny continues to meet with a lady in the church once a week. It has been a great encouragement to both of them.
Tim and Marsha Weeks – Director of Missionary Care
- Praising the Lord for the safe arrival of our 11th grandchild – Everett Timothy Dwight Briggs!!! He was born on October 22 at 11:01pm = 7lbs, 20 inches. He is healthy and growing fast. Did we mention that he is cute?
- Praising God that the new flooring in our basement has been making progress toward being accomplished.
- We praise the Restorer of the broken in spirit: “The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.” Ps.34:18 “But He was pierced for our transgressions; He was crushed for our iniquities; upon Him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with His wounds we are healed.” Isa. 53:5. “He himself bore our sins in His body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By His wounds you have been healed.” 1 Pet. 2:24.
- We Praise God for continued restoration of health to serve our Lord.
- We continue to be Thankful for time to settle in a new home this Fall because our trips planned East have been postponed, so we have this block of time to do repairs (such as putting in new flooring) and unpack boxes.
- Grateful that Tim has been able to make some visits East via Technology and had a blessed time in CO and IA.
- Please pray for our daughter Rebekah and her husband, Evan, the proud father as they adjust to three children in their family. Pray for both to have godly wisdom in nurturing these kiddos.
- Also remember to pray for the Mitchell’s to discern God’s direction for their next steps concerning future ministry.
- Please pray also for Marsha’s brother, Frank. They are unable to do chemotherapy because the cancer did not stay contained in the kidney and spread to his muscles. His Doctor is exploring other options. Pray also for Tim’s sister Marie who has been diagnosed with kidney cancer and will soon be having surgery. Our niece Janelle Francis is having surgery this month for cancer and would appreciate prayer as well. Thankfully they all know and trust the Savior who is faithfully strengthening them in their cancer journey. We are asking God to use them as light to point others to Jesus for His glory.
- For our renewed strength, stamina and wisdom in internet meetings and making flexible travel plans for 2021.
- Continue to pray for Tim & Marsha’s health. Tim returned from CO & IA with what we believe was the flu. Marsha also got what Tim had!!!
Jim and Janice Mitchell – Church Planters living currently in Severance, CO
Spent a few great days with Jared and Becca helping them with the arrival of Lucy Bria. She is a beautiful little girl and doing well. Piper got a cold perfectly timed with the new arrival which made it a little harder, but things went well.
We spent Sunday at Grace Fellowship Church in Preston, ID, and had a good service. Afterwards there was a bagged lunch and a two-hour Q&A meeting. This was very helpful for the people, and they will be voting on 11/22 about moving forward with us as missionaries and the Mission.
We sense God has lined this up for us in a unique way but are praying He would block it somehow if this isn’t His will.
Please pray for housing needs – both with Janice’s Dad needing his own bathroom and also room for our daughter, Janelle, and son-in-law who have decided to join us in ministry. They will stay with us while they work on a job and housing.
Also, a big need will be the real adjustments to a different culture which is predominantly LDS.
Roy and Karen Kinney – Church planters at Pinecrest Baptist Church in Millbury, MA
We really enjoyed hosting Herb & Wanda Taylor in our church ministry apartment! It’s so nice to have it being used and good to meet the needs of others passing through. They headed North and we were called away to NY for a funeral. We traveled to Moravia, NY to stay with the Rofes and visit with Nick & Alyssa and family overnight before heading to Allegany for a viewing, funeral, and committal service. Jeanne Wilson, a member of Five Mile Baptist Church for over 70 years, peacefully passed away at home with family. Her desire was for Pastor Kinney to perform her funeral like her husband’s funeral almost 20 years ago! She left us all a shining example of fun, love, and giving. Thank you, Bruce & Cammy Ross, for housing us and taking good care of us while at Five Mile! It was good to be back at our sending church.
We came home to the news that one of our church family tested positive for Covid-19. Thankfully, he is managing symptoms at home and doing ok. We continue to meet as a church under the State guidelines and remain cautious while trusting God to work through this time.
We plan on having a social distancing baby shower for Alyssa (due the 1st of February) on the 21st. It’s our 3rd baby in the family to be born during Covid!
Thank you for your continued prayers for us and the work here in Millbury.
A Pinch of SALT – Senior Adults Living Triumphantly – BCP Retirees
Mrs. Jean Morse was welcomed into her Savior’s presence this past Sunday morning. Please pray for her daughter, Kathleen Proctor, and family through this time. Cards may be sent to Kathleen Proctor, 6365 S. Williamson Blvd., #611, Port Orange, FL 32128